Application now open only to Quad Cities Educators through August 25!
Fresh Films will open Fresh Films Academies in each of the metro areas of Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle and a selection of other locations around the country in September and October 2021.
Apply now to have your school or organization chosen as a host location!
Let Fresh Films deliver project-based film instruction equipment, and curriculum at no cost to your school or organization.
Your students will:
- Create short films, documentaries, music videos and more
- Learn the production and technical skills needed to produce their own content
- Interact and learn from film industry experts
- Meet weekly to create and develop a community with each other
- Collaborate with young filmmakers from across the country
- Gain exposure to career pathways in film and media within the $771B entertainment industry
- Increase essential skills in communication, time management, leadership and collaboration
What’s in it for you/your organization/your students?
- Free film equipment is provided: Camera, lights, sound & editing software (For Quad Cities locations, Fresh Films will bring in equipment on program days)
- Fun and educational project-based activities where students produce themed film projects
- Expert weekly instruction both in-person and virtual
- Adaptable and consistent after-school activities: works for in-person, remote, hybrid, blended, etc and keeps working as scheduled adjust
- Set time: Programs take place from 4-6:30 p.m. on Thursdays
What’s required of you/your organization?
- Space for the program and students to learn
- A program supervisor/facilitator who is available each week to take attendance, connect with the content expert, communicate with Fresh Films, etc. Approximate commitment: 2.5-3 hours/week
- A minimum of 12 students in 8th – 12th grades for weekly participation
No prior film experience is necessary
**Ideally students would participate all year long; however projects are broken into 4-6 week sessions so students may be able to join as the program progresses based on available space.
Apply at the link below to bring a Fresh Films Academy to your school or organization.
Applications are currently open only to Quad Cities applicants through August 25!
Questions? Contact Deborah Kraft, Director of Outreach and Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.