Applications now open to Knoxville, TN schools and youth clubs!
In 2021, Fresh Films opened 23 new locations in cities including metro Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Seattle – and next up, we’re headed to Knoxville!
Apply by January 15 to have your school or organization chosen as a 2022 host location.
Let Fresh Films deliver project-based film instruction equipment, and curriculum at no cost to your school or organization.
Your students will:
- Create short films, documentaries, music videos and more
- Learn the production and technical skills needed to produce their own content
- Interact and learn from film industry experts
- Meet weekly to create and develop a community with each other
- Collaborate with young filmmakers from across the country
- Gain exposure to career pathways in film and media within the $771B entertainment industry
- Increase essential skills in communication, time management, leadership and collaboration
What’s in it for you/your organization/your students?
- Free film equipment is provided: Camera, lights, sound & editing software (For Quad Cities locations, Fresh Films will bring in equipment on program days)
- Fun and educational project-based activities where students produce themed film projects
- Expert weekly instruction both in-person and virtual
- Adaptable and consistent after-school activities: works for in-person, remote, hybrid, blended, etc and keeps working as scheduled adjust
- Set time: Programs take place from 4-6:30 p.m. on Thursdays
What’s required of you/your organization?
- Space for the program and students to learn
- A program supervisor/facilitator who is available each week to take attendance, connect with the content expert, communicate with Fresh Films, etc. Approximate commitment: 2.5-3 hours/week
- A minimum of 12 students in 8th – 12th grades for weekly participation
No prior film experience is necessary
**Ideally students would participate all year long; however projects are broken into 4-6 week sessions so students may be able to join as the program progresses based on available space.
Apply at the link below to bring a Fresh Films Academy to your school or organization.
Applications are currently open only to Quad Cities applicants through August 25!
Questions? Contact Leah Crandell, Marketing Coordinator, at email@example.com.