Fresh Films will open up to 4 new Fresh Films Academies in each of the metro areas of Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and a selection of other locations around the country in September and October 2021.
Apply now to have your school or organization chosen as a host location!
Let Fresh Films deliver project-based film instruction equipment, and curriculum at no cost to your school or organization.
Your students will:
- Create short films, documentaries, music videos and more
- Learn the production and technical skills needed to produce their own content
- Interact and learn from film industry experts
- Meet weekly to create and develop a community with each other
- Collaborate with young filmmakers from across the country
- Gain exposure to career pathways in film and media within the $771B entertainment industry
- Increase essential skills in communication, time management, leadership and collaboration
What’s in it for you/your organization/your students?
- Free film equipment is provided: Camera, lights, sound & editing software
- Fun and educational project-based activities where students produce themed film projects
- Expert weekly instruction both in-person and virtual
- Adaptable and consistent after-school activities: works for in-person, remote, hybrid, blended, etc and keeps working as scheduled adjust
- Set time: Programs take place from 4-6:30 p.m. on Thursdays
What’s required of you/your organization?
- Space for the program and students to learn
- A program supervisor/facilitator who is available each week to take attendance, connect with the content expert, communicate with Fresh Films, etc. Approximate commitment: 2.5-3 hours/week
- A minimum of 12 students in 8th – 12th grades for weekly participation
No prior film experience is necessary
**Ideally students would participate all year long; however projects are broken into 4-6 week sessions so students may be able to join as the program progresses based on available space.
Apply at the link below to bring a Fresh Films Academy to your school or organization.
Applications are due March 1 and selections will be made by April 1. Selections are based on answers in the application.
Questions? Contact Deborah Kraft, Director of Outreach and Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.