Want a Job in Film & TV? Then Apply for the Fresh Films Illinois Accelerated PAID Training Program – Limited Sports Available!
Whether you are in college and need more experience or are looking to get your foot in the door of the entertainment industry, the Fresh Films Accelerated Training Program will accelerate your skills and your connections for jobs in Illinois’ rapidly growing film and TV industry.
Applications are open now and this training program is made possible thanks to a special grant from the Illinois Film Office!
This is a competitive PAID training program with only 15 training spots!
- Program is open to Illinois residents ages 18 – 26 who can work in person with Fresh Films at Augustana College
- You must have graduated high school, and you can be in college or the workforce
- You do not need previous filmmaking experience
- You must have a deep interest in film and be able to commit to the full training program February to June (see dates below)
- Apply now, as applications and candidate interviews will be done on a rolling basis!
The program combines hands-on training with speakers, connections and soft-skills to get you job ready. On Thursdays, you’ll master production and editing, working in film crews under the guidance of film professionals and learn from industry professionals at Sony, Roku and Fremantle (producers of American Idol & AGT). On Wednesdays, it’s speakers and soft-skills: You’ll polish up your resume, LinkedIn and connect with industry pros to build your network. An additional workshop and on-set experiences round out the program.
During Training, you’ll add three projects to your portfolio and reel while gaining hands-on experience for the pros:
- Fremantle Media: Unscripted Competition Project
- The Roku Channel: ChangeMakers Documentary Film Project
- Sony Pictures: Narrative Short Film Project
Before you apply, be sure you are able to commit to the full training program as follows! Trainees must attend all sessions in-person:
- Every Thursday March 2 to June 1: Production sessions from 6-8:30pm
- PLUS Saturday March 4th and Sunday March 5th @: 2 Full-day “Production 101” workshop
- AND Every Other Wednesday March 8 to June 7: Speakers & workplace sessions from 6-8pm
- March 25th and June 10th (All Day): IL Film Office Tours (these will happen in Chicago, transportation or a transportation stipend will be provided)
- All sessions will be held at Augustana College