New Year. New Skills. New Career.
Apply for the Fresh Films Accelerated Training Program – Limited Spots Available!
Whether you are in college and need more experience or are looking to get your foot in the door of the entertainment industry, the Fresh Films Accelerated Training Program will accelerate your skills and your connections for jobs in Georgia’s film and TV industry.
Applications are now open for the Gwinnett County training program. There is no cost to be part of the training program thanks to a special grant from Explore Gwinnett Tourism & Film.
This is a competitive program with only 20 training spots!
- Program is open to Gwinnett County residents ages 18-26
- You must have graduated high school, and you can be in college or the workforce
- There is no cost and you do not need previous filmmaking experience
- You must have a deep interest in film and be able to commit to the full training program February to June (see dates below)
- Apply now, as applications and candidate interviews will be done on a rolling basis!
The program combines hands-on training with speakers, connections and soft-skills to get you job ready. On Thursdays, it’s production and editing: Trainees will work in small film crews under the guidance of film professionals and learn from industry professionals at Sony, Roku and Fremantle (producers of American Idol & AGT) to create three different film projects across unscripted, documentary and scripted narrative. On Wednesdays, it’s speakers and soft-skills: You’ll polish up your resume, LinkedIn and connect with industry pros to build your network. An additional workshop and on-set experiences round out the program.
The 3 Production Projects will engage trainees in hands-on learning.
- Fremantle Media: Unscripted Competition Project
- The Roku Channel: ChangeMakers Documentary Film Project
- Sony Pictures: Narrative Short Film Project
Before you apply, be sure you are able to commit to the full training program as follows! Trainees must attend all sessions in-person:
- Saturday Feb 11th & Sunday Feb 12th @: 2 Full-day “Production 101” workshop
- Every Thursday Feb 16 to June 1: Production sessions from 7-9:30pm
- Every Other Wednesday Feb 8 to June 7: Speakers & workplace sessions from 7-9pm
- June/July (exact date TBA): Paid 4-day on-set intensive
- Most all sessions will be held at Georgia Gwinnett College