Accelerated Paid Film Training Program
Ready to kick-start a career in the entertainment industry? Then apply for the Fresh Films Accelerated Training Program to advance your skills and your connections to access jobs in the rapidly growing film and TV industry that is soaring in Boston and across Massachusetts!
This is a competitive PAID training program with limited training spots
- Open to all Boston residents ages 18–25
- You can be in college or the workforce
- You do not need previous filmmaking experience
- You must have a passion for film and be able to commit to the full training program February to June (see dates below)
- Pay is $18.75 per hour
Applications for the Spring 2024 program are now closed – if you are interested in future program cycles, apply now.
The program uses hands-on production training, guest speakers and workforce skills sessions to get you job ready.
As part of the program, you will:
- Produce 3 projects to add to your portfolio while gaining experience alongside Hollywood Pros from The Roku Channel, Fremantle (producers of American Idol), and other studios
- Get certified in Adobe Premiere editing
- Have an opportunity to work on-set of a TV or Film production to gain your IMDb credit
- Make industry connections via studio tours and speaker sessions
- Sharpen your resume and interview skills to access internships & jobs
Specific Training Session Dates
Trainees must attend all sessions in-person:
- Weekend Workshop on Sat Feb 17 and Sun Feb 18 from 10–5pm
- Continues Tuesday & Thursday from Feb 20 to June 6 from 6-8:30pm
- Additional dates TBD for studio tours, meet & greets and Adobe editing sessions