Apply now to make movies, music videos & more!
- Apply by Jan. 5th for Music Video Program
- Apply by Jan. 26th for Food Content (with Discovery Networks!)
- Apply by March 2nd for Documentary (with Roku!)
- Apply by April 13 for Narrative Film
All levels of experience are welcome and no special equipment is required. And it’s FREE! You can sign up for one or all projects!
- build filmmaking skills – like creating a script, framing a shot, filming, editing and even promoting your films
- add to your portfolio with new projects every 4-6 weeks
- learn about careers in the industry and build your network
- meet many other youth with similar interests in getting creative
- use professional equipment (in-person locations) or we’ll teach you how to produce great work using smartphones (virtual)
Each project will prepare you for future job and education opportunities in media (and as a bonus, we bet the skills you learn will help you make better social media posts too!) Whether you’re interested in becoming a filmmaker, director, editor, producer, screenwriter, digital storyteller, YouTuber, or other career – we’d love to help you get there.
What’s the commitment?
You’ll meet with the pros from Fresh Films and your fellow filmmakers once each week on Thursdays from 4-6:30pm ET, CT, or PST to learn new skills and create short film projects.
- October 28- December 2: Film a Movie Scene
Learn how to build a film scene by taking one apart and putting it back together, adding your own creative twist!
- December 2-January 6: Edit a Movie Trailer
Learn how film trailers are used and focus on building your editing skills while getting creative on your own film trailer.
- January 6-February 3: Create a Music Video
Work with real recording artists to create videos for their music. Learn about working with a client and telling stories without using dialogue.
- February 3-March 10: Unscripted Food Production
Ever wondered how cooking, decorating or baking shows are created for Cable TV or YouTube? Learn all about it in this project as you create your own episodes with experts from Food Network!
- March 10-April 21: Social Justice Short Doc with Roku
Highlight the issues that you care about by creating a short documentary. Top films will showcase on Roku Network!
- April 21-May 26: Narrative Short Film
Bring your story to life, creating your own scripted short film. Get super creative in this capstone project.
- June 2 – End of year premiere celebration!
Short films premiere and we celebrate your accomplishments with a look at some of the year’s highlights!
Tune in from anywhere virtually, or join us at one of our live in-person program locations:
Atlanta, GA | BEST Academy + Drew Charter School
Bellevue, WA | Best Buy Teen Tech Center @ Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue
Boston, MA Metro | Charlestown High School + Boys & Girls Clubs of Dorchester & Boys + Girls Clubs of Fitchburg and Leominster
Chicago, IL | David Speer Academy + Morgan Park High School
Detroit, MI | Best Buy Teen Tech Center @ Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation
Los Angeles, CA Metro | Boys & Girls Clubs of West San Gabriel Valley + Best Buy Teen Tech Center @ Bresee Foundation + Boys & Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor + Warren High School
Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN | Best Buy Teen Tech Centers @ Brian Coyle Neighborhood Center + CLUES St. Paul
Phoenix, AZ | Best Buy Teen Tech Center @ Jerry Colangelo Branch – Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley
Pittsburgh, PA | Best Buy Teen Tech Center @ Phase 4 Learning Center
St. Louis | Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater St. Louis
Quad Cities Metro | Davenport Central High School, FF Offices @ Augustana College (Rock Island)
(Central, Eastern, and Pacific Time Zones)
PS: We also offer summer internships!
Weekly participants who want to build their career path into the film or entertainment industries have the opportunity to apply to our Pathways program.
This program includes with weekly filmmaking plus industry speaker sessions and job-skills training to prepare you for a summer on-set apprenticeship or paid media internship. This is an amazing skill and resume-building experience. To be eligible for summer opportunities, participants must complete 3 Weekly Filmmaking projects and join us every other Wednesday for workplace intelligence training sessions. Once you sign up for the Weekly Program, we’ll share more on this opportunity!