We’re looking for storytellers and filmmakers ages 13-19 to submit short films that educate and inspire action on important issues in your world! Winners of the competition will be celebrated at an AT&T Youth Voices Collective event at Tribeca Film Festival!
Your mission: Create a 1-3 minute short film using a mobile device (think smartphones, tablets and drones) on one of the following themes!
1. Climate Change: Create a video about why it’s important to address climate change and show us how extreme weather has directly impacted you, your family or your community. Whether you’ve experienced wildfires, hurricanes, flooding or other natural disasters, grab a camera and tell us your story! Help us by being an advocate for why others should care about protecting the environment and why it’s important for communities and families to better prepare for natural disasters.
2. Social Justice: Create a video about a social justice issue that you care about that will inspire others to care about it as well. It can be any issue – immigration reform, racial equity, gender equality, LGBTQ+ rights, mental health, education equality, or anything you are passionate about
3. Digital Divide: Access to technology is not always equal. Share a video on why it’s important to make technology accessible to all – and how creating connections through technology – whether at school, home or work – can be a benefit, especially right now!
Ideas to get you started: Think about how these issues affect you and your geographic, cultural, or social communities. Then use your film to raise your voice – we can’t wait to listen!
What you can win: In addition to fame and glory and a great addition to your resume, film competition winners receive…
- Top films will be selected for showcase across AT&T networks!
- And the filmmakers who create these top films will also receive an all-expense paid trip to attend a 4-day AT&T program at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York in June 2021. While at the festival, you’ll take part in a media-making apprenticeship with Fresh Films and attend film festival events! (Of note, the program follows Covid-19 protocols regarding masking, limited capacities and social distancing.)
- Each winner will also receive a new 5G smartphone to support their connectivity and creative mobile filmmaking!